Update 10/10/2017: Utility work is continuing through and expected to be completed before 10/31/2017.
Sewer line rehabilitation work on Ft Johnson Rd and Dills Bluff Rd will begin this week. Work is being performed by SAK Construction, LLC.
Any questions or concerns, please contact the Wastewater Office at (843) 762-5258 or email David Hoffman, Director of Wastewater Services.
> Post-Irma, JIPSD Solid Waste Service crews have hauled 1,735 tons of waste and debris.
(Garbage = 428 tons, Yard Debris = 1,137 tons, Man-Made Materials = 170 tons)
– This is 568 tons more than the same time period last year, with a 91% increase in just yard debris.
> Debris crews continue to find a deluge of yard and flooding debris, and are currently a full day behind normal operating schedule. We appreciate your continued patience as we work to clear storm-related debris from all JIPSD neighborhoods.
> The county is assisting with sea grass removal, and may not be operating on our same schedule.
Please remember the following when placing items at the curb:
– The JIPSD Solid Waste Ordinance allows for collection of one 4x5x15 foot pile of debris, per household, per week.
– Extra-large piles may take several weeks to clear.
– Separate man-made materials/debris (this includes lumber and/or any treated wood) from your yard debris.
– Ensure branches, wood, etc. are no longer than 6 feet.