Welcome to our site! James Island Public Service District is a great place to work. Our employees are our greatest asset and we are always interested in adding talented people to our team.
Our Special Purpose District Employees provide Fire & Rescue Services, Wastewater System Services, Solid Waste Services, Fleet Maintenance and Customer Service & Administrative Services to the residents of the District.
Human Resources serves the full life cycle of the employees. We add value to the organization through recruitment and employment, compensation and benefits, employee relations, policy and procedure development & implementation, coaching and counseling, training, and modeling the core values of the organization.
- Lisa Kluczinsky, Director of Human Resources
- Mailing Address: P.O. Box 12140, Charleston, SC 29422-2140
- Secure Fax: 843-762-5241 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone (843) 998-6177 | HR Office Phone (843) 998-6192
JIPSD Application Process:
- JIPSD is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a Drug Free Workplace, and an At-Will Employer. We Participate in E-Verify. Qualified minorities, females, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Applications are accepted for posted positions. Applications will be considered for the specific vacancy applied for and never for any future positions. You must submit a new application for a different job.
- Jobseekers must submit a JIPSD Employment Application to the Department of Human Resources in order to be considered. A resume may be attached but will not be considered in lieu of the completed application. All sections of the application are to be complete. Your work history submitted is used to calculate and determine a starting rate of pay when a job offer is made, so please, include ALL your work history.
- Only applications meeting all the minimum qualifications stated on the Position Description will be referred to the hiring department for further consideration.
- All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the pre-employment requirements. Although not limited to, all applicants will be screened for prior employment history, reference checks, criminal background check, pre-employment physical and drug testing.
- To be considered for an open position just click on the online employment application, or complete the printable PDF Employment Application. If completing the PDF you may return the form to HR@jipsd.org or mail it to our Signal Point address. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Employee Benefit Offerings
- Significant Leave Policies
- Annual Leave
- Sick Leave, Family Leave and qualifying FMLA
- Jury Duty, Bereavement, Military Leave
- 13 Paid Holidays per calendar year
- Generous Insurance Plans (https://www.peba.sc.gov/insurance.html)
- South Carolina State Health Plans
- South Carolina State Dental & Vision Plans
- South Carolina State Optional Life and Long-Term Disability
- Company Paid Companion Life Insurance
- Voluntary Companion Short-Term Disability
- Extensive Retirement Plans (https://www.peba.sc.gov/retirement.html)
- South Carolina Retirement System
- South Carolina Deferred Compensation Plans