The JIPSD Fire Department has earned a Class 1 Public Protection Classification (PPC) rating by the Insurance Service Office (ISO), which represents exemplary public protection. This translates to a safer environment for you and your family and could result in lowering your insurance premiums. We serve over 10,000 homes and business with four stations strategically located on the island, responding to over 2,000 service requests annually.
To enhance our service to you, our department is part of the Automatic Aid Agreement between the City of Charleston, City of North Charleston, St. John’s and St. Andrew’s Fire Departments. This agreement sends the closest resource to an emergency regardless of jurisdiction and provides additional levels of safety to emergency responders. The department is also part of the Charleston County Consolidated Dispatch Center which allows all calls to be received and dispatched from a single location, saving precious time in emergencies.
The department offers a variety of community service and education programs, including:
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarms
- Home Safety Inspections
- Community CPR
- Station Tours
- A Fire and Weather Safety Trailer
- Informative Speaking Engagements for School, Church, HOA and other Civic Groups
- For Emergencies, please dial 911
- On-Duty Battalion Chief: (843) 270-1583
- Consolidated Dispatch Non-Emergency: (843) 743-7200
- Station 1: 1108 Folly Road | Charleston, SC 29412
- Station 2: 853 Harborview Road | Charleston, SC 29412
- Station 3: 78 Plymouth Avenue | Charleston, SC 29412
- Station 4: 1833 Folly Road | Charleston, SC 29412