Dependable wastewater collection is critical for our community. The JIPSD Wastewater Department is responsible for maintaining the public wastewater collection system serving more than 13,000 customers. Over 1 billion gallons of sewage pass through the JIPSD’s wastewater system annually.
Wastewater services are provided without a single penny of tax dollars from residents. The Wastewater Department operates on income received from wastewater bill payments. The money is used to purchase tools and equipment needed to maintain the system, including vehicles and machinery.
After-hour sewer emergency responders and online bill payment processing allow the Wastewater Department to be at your service 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
- For Billing or Payment inquiries, please contact Customer Service at 843-795-9060
- Wastewater Office: 843-762-5258
- Wastewater Emergencies (24/7): 843-795-2345
- David Hoffman, Director of Wastewater Services
- Wastewater Rates and Fees
- Wastewater New Service Application
- Interactive Service Area Map
- Wastewater Backups
- Wastewater Odors In Homes
- Design and Construction Standards
- Wastewater Services Brochure
- Wastewater Availability Request Form
- Wastewater Cleanout Work Requests
- Design and Construction Standards (Construction Standards PDF & Construction Standards CAD)
- Doghouse Manhole Construction Details
- Developer’s Reference Guide
- JIPSD General Construction Notes
Projects Under Construction:
Phase 4 Rehabilitation of Wastewater Collection Facilities, SRF No. 543-22:
- Post-award administrative requirements and contract document submittals have been completed; fully executed contract sets have been provided to all parties.
- The submittal, review, and approval of pre-construction administrative requirements currently in process include material submittals, a project schedule, and schedule of values.
- Following the completion of and submittal processing, a Pre-construction Conference will be scheduled with the District, the SCDHEC SRF Project Manager, the Project Engineer, and the Contractor’s Project Manager