Dependable wastewater collection is critical for our community. The JIPSD Wastewater Department is responsible for maintaining the public wastewater collection system serving more than 13,000 customers. Over 1 billion gallons of sewage pass through the JIPSD’s wastewater system annually.
Wastewater services are provided without a single penny of tax dollars from residents. The Wastewater Department operates on income received from wastewater bill payments. The money is used to purchase tools and equipment needed to maintain the system, including vehicles and machinery.
After-hour sewer emergency responders and online bill payment processing allow the Wastewater Department to be at your service 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
- For Billing or Payment inquiries, please contact Customer Service at 843-795-9060
- Wastewater Office: 843-762-5258
- Wastewater Emergencies (24/7): 843-795-2345
- David Hoffman, Director of Wastewater Services
- Wastewater Rates and Fees
- Interactive Service Area Map
- Wastewater Backups
- Wastewater Odors In Homes
- Design and Construction Standards
- Wastewater Services Brochure
- Wastewater Availability Request Form
- Wastewater Cleanout Work Requests
- Design and Construction Standards (Construction Standards PDF & Construction Standards CAD)
- Doghouse Manhole Construction Details
- Developer’s Reference Guide
Projects Under Construction:
PS-1 Downgrade/Conversion Project WW2017-2 SRF 543-18:
1. This project is fully complete, all administrative close-out submittals have been submitted and processed, and SCDHEC has issued a Final Permit to Operate
2. This will be the final report for this very successfully completed project!
JIPSD Phase-2 & 3 Wastewater Collection Rehabilitation Project, WW2018-1, SRF PN 543-19:
1. Pre-CIPP lining and repair cleaning and CCTV inspection work is continuing as scheduled; Two reaches of the recent CIPP lining on Central Park Road from Riverland Drive to the PS-2 wet well totaling 934 feet were found unacceptable after internal CCTV post-installation inspection. These two reaches are being re-inspected prior to relining.
2. Remailing work includes point repairs of sewers too damaged to line, service lateral seals, and a few sectional CIPP liners. Manhole lining is now underway; however, the majority of this work has not yet been completed. Work within SCDOT rights of way on larger trunk sewers requiring by-pass pumping and traffic control continues to complicate night work scheduling issues and delay scheduled completion.
3. Substantial Completion is currently estimated to be completed in late May. Final completion is currently scheduled for mid-June.
PS 33 Upgrade Project, JIPSD CIPWW2021-01, SCDHEC SRF PN 543-21:
- Site mobilization and material delivery is partially complete.
- By-pass pumping tie-ins face been completed as required to place this station on by-pass pumping for the duration of construction, but has not yet started due to the Ft. Johnson Road new force main junction Manhole delay as described below.
- The new, larger force main junction manhole to be installed at the upper end of the Ft, Johnson trunk sewer will require relocation and concurrence by SCDOT. The existing 24” diameter water main located parallel to the existing terminal manhole was found to be immediately adjacent to the existing manhole.
- Project completion is scheduled for Mid- August.