Introduction-Monthly Spending Transparency Reports
The documents linked at the bottom of this page provide lists of monthly expenses paid by the James Island Public Service District. Below are several guidelines for reading the documents. The Spending Transparency Report Includes a accounts payable transactions over $100 reported by month. The Spending Transparency Report Excludes Information exempt from disclosure under the S.C. Freedom of Information Act, the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and fees associated with JIPSD legal actions.
Data Fields Included on the Spending Transparency Report
- Vendor Name is the name of the vendor to which payment was made.
- Check Date identifies the date on which the payment check was printed.
- Check Number identifies the check number on which the check was printed.
- Description displays general text describing the particular purchase.
- Amount identifies the amount of the payment issued for this transaction.
Special Notes About the Spending Transparency Report
The Vendor “BB&T” refers to payments made to BB&T Visa for purchases made using a Purchase Card Visa. The Visa credit card, is used to make small purchases. Each month, the purchases made using the Visa are reviewed and paid in full. Payments made to BB&T on this report will show the specific Vendor at which the purchase was made in the description field. The monthly reports are listed in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.