The JIPSD Solid Waste Department provides reliable and professional solid waste collection to more than 7,000 properties on James Island, collecting more than 6,000 tons of waste annually. For your convenience, we supply all property owners in our district with a lidded rolling cart to be used for the disposal of bagged household garbage.
Please use the links below to review our Collection Schedule and familiarize yourself with our Collection Procedures. We are here to serve you and will be glad to address any questions you might have as we work together to keep James Island clean!
- For inquiries or issues, please contact Customer Service at 843-762-5260
- Walter Desmond, Director of Solid Waste Services
What We Do
- Solid Waste Regulations
- Garbage and Yard Debris Overview Map
- 2019 Solid Waste Holiday Schedule
- 2020 Solid Waste Collection Schedule
- Solid Waste FAQs
Solid Waste Ordinances