- Crews are working on debris collection for Thursday’s route today, completing the first pass of removing the bulk of yard debris on the island.
- We will return to regular pickup days beginning Monday, September 25.
- Please remember to separate your man-made debris from your yard debris and ensure branches, wood, etc. are no longer than 6 feet.
- The JIPSD Solid Waste Ordinance allows for collection of one 4 x 5 x 15 foot pile of debris per household per week. There are still some extra-large piles remaining, which we will continue to collect each week until they’ve been removed.
- On average, we collect 90-110 tons of yard debris per week.
- Last week, we collected over 325 tons of yard debris.
- This week, we have collected 268 tons so far, with over 97 tons being collected just yesterday.
Please look for daily updates on our team’s progress.