> Post-Irma, JIPSD Solid Waste Service crews have hauled 1,735 tons of waste and debris.
(Garbage = 428 tons, Yard Debris = 1,137 tons, Man-Made Materials = 170 tons)
– This is 568 tons more than the same time period last year, with a 91% increase in just yard debris.
> Debris crews continue to find a deluge of yard and flooding debris, and are currently a full day behind normal operating schedule. We appreciate your continued patience as we work to clear storm-related debris from all JIPSD neighborhoods.
> The county is assisting with sea grass removal, and may not be operating on our same schedule.
Please remember the following when placing items at the curb:
– The JIPSD Solid Waste Ordinance allows for collection of one 4x5x15 foot pile of debris, per household, per week.
– Extra-large piles may take several weeks to clear.
– Separate man-made materials/debris (this includes lumber and/or any treated wood) from your yard debris.
– Ensure branches, wood, etc. are no longer than 6 feet.