Storm Debris Collection Status – October 10, 2019
– Beginning Monday, October 14, JIPSD crews will be operating on the normal Mon-Thu schedule for all Solid Waste Services.
– County Contractor crews are in the midst of making a final pass to clear up remaining large storm debris.
– Moving forward, residents need to tell their personal contractors they need to haul debris away themselves. If someone is hired to remove a tree, that is exactly what they need to do – remove it.
– A small JIPSD crew will be out tomorrow catching up on the collection of man-made materials that had to be left behind during the recovery process.
– Post-Dorian, JIPSD crews have removed over 800 truckloads of debris totaling almost 22,000 cubic yards!
– Thank you all for your words of support and encouragement, and for working with us throughout this recovery process.